de L’Etang

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello, I’m looking for the de l’Etang family who probably lived in Semarang. My great grandfather, Auguste de l’Etang was born in 1862? and married Victorine Jacoba MICHEL born 1873? They had at least 9 children, one is my grandfather, Alexander born in 1903 in Semarang and died in 1949 in Jakarta.

I don’t know when the family came to the Dutch East Indies from the Netherlands but I have knowledge that they were the Huguenots from France.

Please do inform me of how I can start working from here. Any, any information cpuld be a useful source for me. Thank you very much.
    Linda

Anonymous

Known?
    Charles Theodoor van Hemert, born Batavia 31 jan 1891, married 14 june 1916 Wilhelmine Caroline Augustine de l’Etang, born Djokjakarta 21 jan 1895 , daughter of Auguste de l’Etang and Jacoba Margaretha Victorine de Roock

George Jacques Francois André, (later known baron de Voos van Steenwijk genaamd van Essen, born 28 nov 1886
    Djokjakarta died Rotterdam 17 june 1963 , married Semarang 20 june 1912 Goswine Victorine de l’Etang born Djokjakarta 21 July 1892 died 31 July 1955

Kind regards,
    Ben

Anonymous

Marriage
    Auguste de l’Etang and Jacoba Margaretha Victorina Michel at Klaten (Soerakarta) 05-04-1890

kind regards, Ben

Anonymous
    Anonymous

Victorine Jacoba Michel was a sister of my great grandfather, See also https://www.genealogieonline.nl/genealogie-de-l-etang/I91.php.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.